The mission of South Dakota Education Access Foundation (SDEAF) is to expand access to postsecondary education. SDEAF seeks to serve South Dakota students and South Dakota colleges and universities by promoting improvement in the rates of entry and success in education beyond high school.
We accomplish this mission by focusing on:
- Students of low income
- Students facing other barriers to postsecondary education
- Students from other underrepresented backgrounds
Who We Are
SDEAF was created to receive a $33 million donation from Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation (Great Lakes), as a result of the affiliation of Education Assistance Corporation (EAC) and Great Lakes. The Board of Directors of SDEAF is responsible for using the funds in accordance with its mission statement and in compliance with IRS regulations for private, not-for-profit foundations.
We do not fund:
- Capital campaigns and endowments
- Equipment, including technology hardware and software
- Corporate sponsorships and fundraising events
- Religious activities
- Political or lobbying activities
SDEAF is currently not entertaining proposals for new programs.